Friday, May 23, 2008

How do dreams come true? Step 1: Admit what they are!

It's about a half hour past midnight, I'm in New York and tonight I realized (again) that I'm not doing what I want to do, what I came here to do. Before I moved here people kept asking me what I was going to do in New York my answer was pretty shitty. "um I'm going to work and live and see what happens" well time to stop beating around the bush (ew I hate that I just said "beating around the bush"). "I'm here because I want to be on Broadway!" There I finally said it. It's been my dream forever. I love performing but that dream seems so cliche to me that I can't stand telling people that's what I want to do.

posted by anna

1 comment :

Anonymous said...

GOOD! You Said It! Good for you! Now...get to taking the steps to make your dream a reality... There is NOTHING like the accountability that you feel, when you share what your truest goals are with others... Heck, even having goals and talking about them these days, is more than most people do. So GO FOR IT!
Give it your best shot and one of two things will happen... You'll either wake up one day and think to yourself - "Holy Crap (well, you might not use that exact phrase :-) - I'M PERFORMING ON BROADWAY!" ...OR... You'll wake up one day and say, "Whelp, I gave it my ABSOLUTE MOSTEST BESTEST SHOT, and it just didn't work out. Time to change direction, feel good about having given my best effort, and get on with the next."
Shit or get off the pot (toilet) as they say.
Good luck, and jump in with both feet, fearlessly, until it's time to get out and move wholly on to something else.
Love ya! JK